Friday, August 30, 2024

Journal Entry 2

August 30 - 2024 9:05 PM MST

 It's been a crazy week. My mom has progressively gotten worse. It started with a fall on Tuesday night, when she was trying to get to the bathroom. Apparently she fell twice. And fractured her sacrum. She took a pain pill and went to bed.

The next morning she rang Jill and was then taken in to the hospital for X-rays. Jill stayed with her on Wednesday night, and when mom woke up she was thoroughly confused, saying things like "Where are Jeff and Juli staying?" or "Where are you staying?". Apparently thinking that she was in Bayfield.

On Thursday Jill bought her a smaller walker that was easier to navigate in her apartment. Mom seemed to do pretty well with that. She was able to dress herself, got around her place and seemed ok. Jill went home that night and mom stayed by herself. 

And then she fell again. Jill found out that she had taken an oxycodone and drank wine and some other booze she found in a mason jar by mom's bedside. She was taken to the hospital the next morning but they just discharged her sayin that the fall exacerbated the sacral fracture. But they took no images... 

While Jill as telling me this whole story, mom fell yet again. Sigh. She was taken to the other hospital there in the Loveland / Fort Collins area. And I'm not sure what's going on from there. Last I spoke w/ Jill she was hoping that she'd be admitted and then w/ that we could get her in Rehab. Which would be best for mom. 

Yeah, crazy week. As you might imagine I'm a bit distracted. I think I'm heading up to Loveland tomorrow to visit. We'll see how she's doing then.

Juli and I played some pickleball over off of Broadway and Wildcat. It was fun! We rode our bikes over, and played w/ a young couple (Steven and Kimberly). They were much better than we are, so we split the couples up. Steven and I won the first game, and then Juli and Steven won the second game.

Then Juli and I had BLTs for supper, sat on the porch and chatted, then watched a movie called "Irresistible", with Steve Carrel in it. It was written by Jon Stewart. I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment